This release keeps focus mainly on enhancements for both the administrator and the end-user. For instance, on one side, there are several improvements to the use of IQL and API; on the other side, there is fine tuning to Calendar and Map components, and new development to send and receive messages in the application.
NotificationsForget about our old Messaging tool, and give a welcome to Notifications. All users can easily read notifications sent by the system or by the administrator on a couple of brand-new forms: one to take a quick look without disturbing your current work, and another to see them in detail and even filter them by category, text or date. And if you are the administrator, you can write notifications to all users, a specific one, roles, etc.
Calendar componentWe have new settings to enhance the Calendar component: “Length” and “Step interval”, where the first refers to the standard time an event lasts (e.g., 60 minutes of duration), and the second is the incrementation of time for when the event is moved around the calendar (e.g., a 5-minute interval will let you move the event from 9:00 to 9:05, 9:10, 9:15, and so on).
Related to Maps
- It is now possible to deselect the marker, in case you wish to scroll around the Map without seeing information related to any location. For this, click somewhere else on the Map.
- The foldable Detail section inside Maps will be expanded only if the user clicks on it, unlike in previous releases where it was always displayed causing loss of time for users that had to fold it to be able to see the Map.
- When the Category field resulted on an empty value, the marker was displayed as light gray, hard for users to see. That’s why this color has been set to black instead.
Related to Record groups
- “Show history in tooltip” is now available for the “Record group” system field, so users can see how the record has moved between one group and another, i.e., track the group changes.
- Before, it was necessary to change any user-defined field to be able to save a form. In this release, we open up the possibility to save upon change on Record group as well (given rights granted).
Link component is not visible if destination is not allowedFrom this release on, users will not be able to see Link components that are connected to forms with no access rights granted to these users, i.e., no need to see something one doesn’t have rights for.
Logout message in Mobile devicesThe message “Your login has timed out. Log in again” is now displayed in mobile mode to notify users that their session has ended due to inactivity.
Chart with many y-axisIf more than 12 fields are dropped onto the y-axis, the chart’s layout is automatically adjusted to fit them all and still looking good.
- In Maps, markers appeared in gray once a field was selected for categorization, instead of applying different colors.
- Number field did not accept negative values less than 1 (e.g., -0.5).
- Records were automatically saved in the Default record group after update, even if the record already belonged to another group.
- The current form in canvas was mistakenly deleted during the deletion of another form.
Data model editor
- The Usage report for fields did not open if translations were missing on form names.
- Tablets and cellphones displayed an error message when an image (i.e., Media component) tried to be resized.
Changes for administrators
Related to IQL
- Use the new function userHasRole(‘RoleName’) into advanced filters to specify which users, based on their roles, can see records in a form. For instance, userHasRole(‘Manager’) and Status=Approved as criteria in a fixed advanced filter will display only records which Status is set as Approved, to users that are managers (i.e., their role is Manager).
- The IS Tools Query Language, used in Advanced filters for forms and in Rules to set the value of fields, can also be used to write API calls.
Related to API
- IS Tools makes it possible to communicate between different applications, via the API tool, i.e., selected information can be synchronized and integrated, where changes are queued as events.
- It is also possible to generate API user keys from the User administration form in order to have control on the creation of API-accounts.